As parts of the northeast were visited by winter storm Nico this past weekend, and I had my first adult snow day, I found myself wanting to listen to songs that fit the wintery mood. Most of the “snow” songs I have in my library are Christmas songs, and, being as the Holiday season just finished, I was looking for something different. This week, I present to you my findings. The following five songs are a must for anyone who lives in the snow, or just wants to enjoy that cozy, magical feeling of a snowy winter morning. I hope you enjoy.
1. I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm – Billie Holiday
2. Put Your Head on My Shoulder – Michael Buble
3. Winter Glow – Grant-Lee Phillips
4. Yellow – Coldplay
5. California Dreamin’ – Mamas and Papas
Song Lyric of the Day*: “Yea, daddy just sleepin’ and mama ain’t around. We’re gonna twisty twisty twisty, Til we tear the house down” – The Twist, Chubby Checker
* My music library contains 11, 278 songs. I realize to some that may seem excessive. To me, it is not enough, because there is so much more to learn. After every blog post, I am going to put said music library on shuffle and the first song that comes up, I will post a lyric that sticks out to me at the moment, and maybe introduce someone to a new song, which would be awesome.